Citizenship Preparation Classes
Citizenship Preparation services provide immigrants with resources and advocacy to work towards obtaining American Citizenship. Each year, about 50 residents participate in Citizenship Preparation classes and over 300 immigrants become citizens with our help. Classes will be held virtually for the duration of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
What We Do:
Our citizenship students:
- Practice citizenship interviews
- Learn about American Civics to prepare for the written citizenship test
- Receive case management and counseling support
Who We Do it For:
- Lawful permanent residents of New York City who qualify for immigration relief. Priority referrals given to those accessing application assistance from us.
How to Sign Up:
To sign up, call 212-822-8314 and leave a message. All calls are returned within 2-3 weeks.
To learn more about our citizenship classes, contact Venecia Camacho at 212‐822‐8349 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other NMIC services:
- For opportunities to improve English speaking skills see our free education programs.
- For assistance in completing citizenship applications see our immigration legal services.