Consumer Debt Legal Services
NMIC’s legal team provides assistance, representation, and advocacy for residents with consumer debt issues to reduce debt and limit collection activities.
What We Do:
Represent clients in civil court.
Advocacy on behalf of clients with creditors.
Who We Do it For:
- New York City residents.
- NMIC makes final eligibility decisions after screening on a case-by-case basis based on agency capacity and the legal merits of the case (priority will be given to individuals with income subject to collection, which generally means at least some income from employment).
How to Sign Up:
Applicants are seen by appointment only. Please call ahead to schedule. All prospective clients should have the following documents:
- Identification and social security card (if available)
- Proof of income (e.g., pay stubs, SSI/SSD award letter, and/or case composition and benefits issued printouts from HRA)
- All court documents (if applicable)
- All communication from or with creditors or collection agencies.
For questions about our Consumer Debt Legal Services, please call Cathleen Morales at 212-822-8300 x447.
For other questions, call us at 212-822-8300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.