Program: Family Self Sufficiency
Program Snapshot: A vocational training and employment program for adults that offers 2-4 months of intensive services followed by job placement and follow up support.
- Workforce training such as building maintenance & weatherization, customer service, home health aide, and/or food service training leading to nationally recognized credentials. (Home health aid training is available in Spanish, all other training is available in English only.)
- Job readiness training including resume and interview support, job search techniques, and professional skills training in areas including conflict resolution, leadership, and timeliness.
- Career development including job placement and ongoing job retention and advancement services.
Eligibility: Applicants may be eligible if they are
- New York City residents who receive HPD Section 8 (meaning recertification is at 100 Gold Street. NYCHA Section 8 residents are not eligible)
How to Enroll:
- Walk in to the 4th floor of NMIC’s Main Office (45 Wadsworth Avenue) any Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
- Please bring your
- Government issued identification
- Social security card
- Proof of address
- For more information contact Esperanza Cruz at 212-822-8357 or firstname.lastname@example.org