Program: Food Stamp Employment & Training (FSET) Program Snapshot: A vocational training and employment program for adults that offers 2-4 months of intensive services and then job placement and follow-up support. Services:
- Workforce training such as building maintenance & weatherization, customer service, home health aide, and/or food service training leading to nationally recognized credentials. (Home health aid training is available in Spanish, all other training is available in English only.)
- Job readiness training including resume and interview support, job search techniques, and professional skills training in areas including conflict resolution, leadership, and timeliness.
- Career development including job placement and ongoing job retention and advancement services.
Eligibility: Applicants may be eligible if they are
- NYC residents who receive SNAP and either
- Do not receive cash assistance OR
- Receive safety net cash assistance (meaning there are no children on the case or the case head has received cash assistance for more than five years)
How to Enroll:
- Walk in to the 4th floor of NMIC’s Main Office (45 Wadsworth Avenue) any Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm.
- Please bring your
- Government issued identification
- Social security card
- Proof of address
- For more information contact:
- Esperanza Cruz at 212-822-8357 or email@example.com (English or Spanish)
- Jonathan Ariza at 212-822-8357 or Grey Lugo Rivera at 212-822-8324