Program: English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
Program Snapshot: ESOL classes help students learn English and open doors to school and work. We have classes for students who know little or no English and for students who know some English but need more practice. All classes apply English learning to real-world situations that help build practical skills.
- A full range of ESOL classes for students with different abilities.
- Classes are available to meet student’ scheduling needs. We have four class cycles each year (summer, fall, winter, and spring) and have two schedules (morning from 9am to 12pm and evening from 6pm to 9pm).
- Access to NMIC’s English conversation classes, ABE/HSE classes, and career services.
Eligibility: Applicants may be eligible if they are:
- Age 17 or older
- New York City residents
How to Enroll:
- Walk in to the 2nd floor of our 45 Wadsworth Avenue office on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 11:30 am and 1:00 pm.
- You will complete registration paperwork and take a placement test
- Note: The test's grade does not affect your acceptance into the program, it just helps us pick the right class for you.
- Please bring government-issued ID when you come to enroll.
Contact: Call us at 212-822-8300 or walk in to see us.