Program: High School Equivalency (HSE) and Adult Basic Education (ABE)
Program Snapshot: Classes are for students who do not have a high school degree (or GED/HSE). They can start class at the 4th through 12th-grade level and will earn their New York State school high school equivalency (HSE) diploma and prepare for further education and employment.
- ABE/HSE classes serve students performing at the 4th through 12th grade level.
- Classes are available to meet students’ unique scheduling needs with four class cycles per year (summer, fall, winter, and spring) and have both morning (9am to 12pm) and evening (6pm to 9pm) schedules.
- Supplemental individual and small group tutoring support.
- Access to NMIC’s college counseling services.
- Access to NMIC’s career services including employment training and placement.
Applicants may be eligible if they are:
- Age 17 or older
- New York City residents
How to Enroll:
- Walk in to the 2nd floor of our 45 Wadsworth Avenue office on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday between 11:00am and 12:30pm.
- You will complete registration paperwork and take a timed placement test from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- Note: The test's grade does not affect your acceptance into the program, it just helps us pick the right class for you.
- ABE/HSE classes are offered in English only.
- If you need additional English classes before enrolling, please see our ESOL and English Conversation classes.
- Please bring your government-issued ID when you come to enroll.
- Please have knowledge of individual income as well as family income.
Call us at 212-822-8343 or walk in to see us.