Tenant Organizing helps tenants become leaders. They then work with their neighbors to make their housing more affordable, higher quality, and more stable. We work with over 70 buildings and help train over 900 tenant leaders every year.
What We Do:
- Train tenant leaders and support tenants.
- Assist tenant associations in court and in front of city and state agencies to get repairs, make sure rents are fair, and help with other housing legal issues.
- We also connect tenant associations with our lawyers to represent them.
- Connect local tenants to city, state, and nation-wide tenants’ rights campaigns.
Who We Do it For:
Tenants living in these zip codes may be eligible:
- 10025-10040 (except 10028 and 10038)
How to Sign Up:
For more information, contact us at the email or number above.
Read more about our lead program
The Asthma Free Housing Act, drafted by NMIC Attorney Matthew Chachère, requires landlords to maintain safe conditions for tenants with asthma. On January 19, 2019, the Asthma Free Housing Act went into effect in New York …