Program Snapshot: The immigration program provides bilingual assistance for a variety of immigration legal needs.
Services: Based on eligibility and need, services can include:
- Assistance with the following applications:
- Family-based petitions, naturalization/citizenship, adjustment of status, U visas, Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) petitions, Battered Spouse Waivers, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS), T visas, and Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
- Representation in immigration court
Eligibility: Individuals or families may be eligible if they:
- Are New York City residents
- Qualify for the immigration relief available
How to Enroll:
- NMIC is an ActionNYC partner organization through the Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs. For more information about ActionNYC or to schedule a free legal screening with ActionNYC partner organizations including NMIC, call 1-800-354-0365 between 9AM-6PM Monday - Friday or call 311 and say "ActionNYC."
- Intake is also held at our Main Office (45 Wadsworth Avenue) on the second Wednesday of each month. The doors open at 7:00 am and the first 50 clients to sign in will be seen starting at 9:00 am.
- Applicants are seen on a first come, first served basis.
- Please bring the following (if applicable):
- Birth Certificate for you and your children
- Marriage Certificate
- Divorce Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Passports for you and your children
- I-94 Card
- Copies of documents received from or sent to federal immigration authorities
- Work permits
- Any police reports ever filed by you or a family member
- Any orders of protection
- Certificate of disposition for any arrest
- All documents relating to any court cases
- Any hospital or medical records
- School records
- Proof of income (e.g., pay stubs, SSI/SSD award letter, and/or case composition and benefits issued printouts from HRA)
- Please call us at 212-822-8300