Program: Housing Development
Program Snapshot: The Housing Development program assists tenants in purchasing and rehabilitating their buildings. Since 1991, we have developed 522 apartment units in 24 buildings.
- Facilitate the acquisition, financing and rehabilitation of the buildings.
- Offer training to tenants and Board members.
- Coordinate with the building's management company, the City, lenders and other entities.
- Provide ongoing assistance by working with Board members and attending meetings to help them make informed decisions about their buildings.
- Meet with tenant associations to educate residents on how to run their buildings.
- Attend board workshops with representatives of multiple buildings to focus on common issues they face, such as supervision of management companies, business policies, personnel issues, budgeting, and landlord/tenant issues.
- Participating tenants must live in buildings slated to become tenant controlled or owned.
How to Enroll:
- There is no open enrollment for this program, we work directly with the buildings and their existing tenants.
- For more information, contact Jennifer Welles at 212-822-8300 ext. 360 or Evan Hess at ext. 313