Program: Tenant Organizing
Program Snapshot: NMIC organizers support tenant associations and tenant leaders as they build their independent capacity and accomplish their goals to improve their housing quality, affordability, and stability.
Services: Based on tenant association need and capacity, services can include
- Training for tenants and tenant leaders.
- Support from NMIC's Legal Services Department such as representation in administrative and legal proceedings to address repairs, rent overcharges, and other issues.
- Connection to broader community organizing efforts.
Eligibility: Tenants living in the following zip codes may be eligible
- 10025 (above West 109th Street or between West 106th and 109th Streets east of Broadway)
- 10026 - 10027
- 10029 (above East 96th Street)
- 10030 - 10037
- 10452 - 10453
How to Enroll:
- In Manhattan
- Attend an introductory tenant organizing meeting on the first Thursday of every month at 6:30 pm at NMIC’s Main Office (45 Wadsworth Ave).
- You can attend as a representative of an existing tenant association, as an individual tenant, or as a group of tenants interested in forming a tenant association.
- RSVP is requested but not required.
- In the Bronx
- Contact Leydy Pimentel at 347-269-5186 x206 or email@example.com
- For more information about our services in Manhattan, contact us at 212-822-8300 and ask to speak with Evan, Diogenes or Ramona.
- For more information about our services in the Bronx, contact Leydy Pimentel at 347-269-5186 x206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.