NMIC offers emergency food pantry services with the West Side Campaign Against Hunger.
What We Do:
- Provide participants with one bag of grains, proteins, one bag of vegetables, and one container of milk. This is enough food for 12 meals for one person.
Who We Do it For:
- New York City residents who can come in person who have enrolled in advance (if you can’t carry your own food, you are welcome to have someone come for you).
How to Sign Up:
We have many more community members who want food than we can serve. To keep people from waiting in long lines, everyone MUST sign up in advance for our pantry lottery by clicking here or calling 917-633-8836 between 9am and 2pm. When you sign up for our lottery, we will give you information about next steps, including the date of our lottery and when we will contact you with the results.
We give preference in our lottery to anyone who:
- Was on our wait list for our last pantry date and didn’t get food because we ran out (if this happens to you, you will definitely get a spot for our next pantry date).
- Has never received food from us (we take at least 100 new people for every pantry date).
- We didn’t pick in our last lottery, even if you have gotten food from us before.
- Because demand is so high, we cannot usually give food to the same family two dates in a row.
We will text or email you after our lottery to tell you the result. If you receive an appointment to pick up food, we will also tell you the date and time you should come. If you didn’t hear from us by the time you expected to, you can call us at 917-633-8836 between 9am and 2pm or email us at email@example.com.
If you got an appointment, please keep this in mind when you come:
- Do not come before your appointment time. It will not help you get food and will make the line longer for you and everyone else.
- If you come late, we can’t guarantee you food.
Our pantry is outdoors, so check the weather and dress appropriately.
- Bring a bag or cart to carry your food.
- Only one adult from each household should come. If your kids are too young to stay home alone and there is nobody to stay with them, you can bring them.
- If you can’t carry your food yourself, you can have someone else come for you. That person just needs to know your name and time slot.
- Wear a mask.
- Observe social distancing rules and keep 6 feet between you and the person in front of you in line.
Call us at 917-633-8836 between 9am and 2pm or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions (or click here to sign up now). We take social distancing seriously to keep you, your neighbors, and our staff/volunteers safe. Please do not come to the pantry in person if you don’t have an assigned appointment from our lottery. We will not have extra food to give people who just walk in.