Program: Health Insurance Navigators
Program Snapshot: In person application assistance through the New York State of Health Marketplace for individuals and families who are either applying for coverage for the first time or are renewing coverage.
Services: Anyone who needs health coverage can apply. Certified Navigators will:
- Help applicants to understand the coverage options available.
- Provide enrollment assistance to individuals and families seeking coverage.
- Assist potential enrollees to gather, scan and upload copies of documents to the Marketplace.
- Provide education on the Affordable Care Act and the insurance products available through the NY State of Health Marketplace.
- Must live in New York State
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national or lawfully present immigrant (Different immigration rules may apply if you are eligible for Child Health Plus or NYS Medicaid based on your income)
- Are not currently incarcerated.
How to Enroll: Consumers can walk in Monday to Friday between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm, or schedule an appointment to be seen. All applicants should be prepared to give the following information about each member in the household, if applicable, and regardless of who is applying for insurance.
- Date of birth
- Income information
- Social security number
- Current citizenship or immigration status
- Tax filing status
- Information about any existing health insurance coverage
- Name and address of current employer
- Username and password for any existing online NY State of Health application
Contact: For more information, contact one of our Navigators:
- Ruth Tejeda 212-453-5386 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vilma Ramirez 212-822-8356 or email@example.com