Program: Tax Assistance
Program Snapshot: NMIC’s Benefits Access program provides seasonal tax assistance to low-income individuals and families as a NYC Free Tax Prep site supported by the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs.
- Free Tax preparation for families and individuals (including preparation of taxes for past years)
- Help families and individuals determine which refunds or credits they might be entitled to, including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Adults with dependents earning $64,000 or less.
- Single filers earning $45,000 or less.
How to Enroll:
- Make an appointment (we strongly encourage you to make an appointment to avoid long lines). Click here to make an appointment (powered by Single Stop)
- You will need to bring the following (for a more complete list, click here)
- Photo ID (NYS ID if you have one).
- Social security card (or ITIN) for everyone on your return.
- W-2s for all your jobs held during 2019 and any other tax-related documents.
- Your bank account number and routing number (if you want to direct deposit your refund).
- If you are filing a joint return, your spouse must come to your appointment with you (and your spouse must also bring photo ID).
- We will be open from January 29th through April 15th on the following schedule:
- Mondays: Closed
- Tuesdays: Closed
- Wednesdays: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Thursdays: 9 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Fridays: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Sundays: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Contact (212) 822-8300 for more information or to click here to make an appointment.